Re: [Gnash-dev] Problem with Drawing API

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Problem with Drawing API
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 00:20:26 +0100

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 07:15:03PM +0100, Udo Giacomozzi wrote:
> The new point_test algorithm fails one test in the DrawingApiTest:
>
>   DrawingApiTestRunner.cpp:118
>
> This is because the constructed shape definition is malformed.
> We could just ignore this error, but I dunno how to fix point_test for
> these violations... Problem...

It seems you got the "normalization" thing by now :)

I had the normalization step in mind while doing the DrawingAPI interface
so we have a ::finalize method in DynamicShape which should be called before
any function that needs normalization of it (rendering, hit test, bounds
computation) and that uses a "dirty" flag set whenever something is drawn.
Currently the function does nothing.

Note also that the previous algorithm (ray-crossing) worked for that
case (could still be pure luck). Drawing clockwise and counter-clockwise
was an intentional step, additional drawings in that file would be appreciated
(like the crossing edges one) for future safety net when changing algorithms.