Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: gotoAndPlay bug in Gnash

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: gotoAndPlay bug in Gnash
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 17:23:59 +0200

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 04:17:22PM +0100, Martin Guy wrote:

> Ok, I've read it, and I still can't understand it :) maybe because I
> am not as familiar with that code as yourself/ves. My impression is
> that it is too low-level a description, pretty much pseudocode and
> structure definitions, while I don't see anything about how the
> rewind/advance function should do, ie how it should behave. If that is
> clearly enough expressed, the psudocode, code and data it requires
> should follow from that.

Yes, sorry, I knew that. This was more a message for UdoG and zou.
The problem is that we're emulating something which is likely been
evolved by adding stuf and lost it's simplicity.
I guess there is NO good abstract description about how it works.
The proprietary player doesn't indeed have any timeline control, any
timeline control is implemented by the SWF application itself.