Re: [Gnash-dev] opengl->agg?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] opengl->agg?
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 07:16:36 -0600

Martin Guy wrote:
> I suggest that for the next release we change the default rendering
> engine to agg from opengl. The quality of it's output is superior.

  Sorry, but no. As the primary usage of Flash is on the desktop by non
developers, the extra speed boost we get from OpenGL is the way to go.
On any embedded distribution we would use AGG. While we all prefer AGG,
this is mostly because it gets more love than OpenGL from all of us that
don't run proprietary graphics drivers. Most of the world doesn't share
our attitudes.

  I'd actually prefer to use Cairo than straight OpenGL anyway, but
can't until somebody volunteers to put the kind of wonderfully focused
attention AGG has gotten towards Cairo.

        - rob -