Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: Building in security

From: Martin Guy
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: Building in security
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 15:48:58 +0100

to fix a problem, I need to understand it first.

Last I heard, you were saying there is no problem so we should just
leave it wide open.

IMHO, we need to implement the same cross-domain policy in Gnash too,
to be compatible.

The problem is, none of us are flash DDOS/exploit experts.
Just repeating "I don't understand I don't understand" is not very
helpful. We know you don't understand! :)

Me, I have just heard there are problems, and know a few of the words,
but I haven't studied the details. I know a couple of cases.
If you want to go study it until you understand it and can write a
comprehensive list of all known Flash hacks on the Security page that
would be great!

I'd rather we left this issue until after the next release.
Then, with everyone happilyy watching youtube, maybe we can work on
this and other major functionality extensions.
At the moment, fixing bugs and getting a release for the video stuff
seems more pressing.