Re: --with/--enable (was Re: [Gnash-dev] swfdec testsuite)

From: Martin Guy
Subject: Re: --with/--enable (was Re: [Gnash-dev] swfdec testsuite)
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 17:43:28 +0000

2007/3/7, strk <address@hidden>:
On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 04:09:04PM +0000, Martin Guy wrote:
>  Briefly: We keep using --with when I think we should be using --enable.

In this case I used --with becase we *want* an argument

that's not relevant: the argument to --with is just as optional as the
one to --enable.

The point is that --with is intended for searching for versions of
installed external libraries or programs to use whereas --enable is
about including/excluding features from the build/make/test sequence.
whereas people seem to keep using --with to select feature sets.

If you also fix the *required* arg thing better yet :)

Yes, invalid syntax-proofing is a good thing.