Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Extensions: only for ActionScript?

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Extensions: only for ActionScript?
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 23:23:19 +0100

Hello Rob,

RS>   Actually you can do this in standard Flash. There are Camera and
RS> Microphone classes that can be used for input.

Right! Never used them, though. I had a quick look at how it works:

  Webcam = Camera.get();
  myVideo.attachVideo(Webcam);

So I just need to "simulate" a webcam and everything is fine. :)

I have no clue how webcams are implemented/accessed under Linux and
how Camera.get() should be implemented in Gnash, though.

RS> Also you can now stream an mpeg4 video source in Gnash,

Yes, but I want to avoid useless encoding of a local video stream.

RS> and it even works with AGG.

Yes, but still needs to be implemented correctly and does not yet
support resizing. It's not difficult and I'll do it once I get video
support into my Gnash installation.

RS> Currently
RS> these classes are only stubbed out, and don't actually work. But these
RS> classes stream via RTMP to a media server (you could use Cygnal) for upload.

Err, upload??

Udo