[Gnash-dev] Re: make check

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Re: make check
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 14:46:41 -0600

strk wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 02:24:08PM -0600, Rob Savoye wrote:

>> an error if any of the tests fail, but doesn't exit after a single failure.
>
> Somebody prefers tests to be run all before returning an error,
> but I think having an immediate error is better as it forces people
> to fix them if they want the to see the full show :)

  Funny enough it doesn't work this way. I went through this when I
first wrote DejaGnu. If a test run fails part way through, most people
just stop running the tests...  :-(

  The idea is to be able to run a test suite and have a list of all the
failures. Then that list can be diff'd against a previous run to find
regressions or new bugs.

        - rob -