[Gnash-dev] link with all the libraries providing symbols

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: [Gnash-dev] link with all the libraries providing symbols
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 22:24:59 +0200

Hello,

If I'm not wrong it is better to link directly against a library when
using symbols from that library, even if the linker is able to pick the
right lib anyway. I attach this patch to do this right in gnash:

backend provides create_render_handler_ogl used in gui
libbase provide log_action log_error used in libgnashasobjs.la
libgnashserver.la and backend.
libgnashserver and libbase use libGL symbols (like glBegin glGetString).

In the patch I also add and remove files in *_SRCS variables, removing
when they are not in cvs, adding when it is included in other files.

I found those issues thanks to a rpmlint script which finds
undefined-non-weak-symbol.

There are still such issues because libgnashasobjs.la uses many symbols
from libgnashserver.la, but libgnashserver.la also uses symbols from
libgnashasobjs.la... I don't know what should be done to avoid that
(except merge the 2 libraries).

--
Pat