gluster-devel

Re: [Gluster-devel] NUFA Scheduler

From: Gordan Bobic
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] NUFA Scheduler
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 01:10:12 +0100

OK, I clearly misunderstood something.
All I am trying to achieve is have the same process handle the client and server aspects, so that mounting the AFR-ed FS gets the local server going, too. Is that not achievable? Because what I have _seems_ to actually work, only I cannot mount the FS from a single server from a remote node, I just get "end point not connected". But files between the two servers do get replicated.

Attached is a sample config of what I'm talking about. The other server is the same only with home1 and home2 volumes reversed.

Gordan

Anand Babu Periasamy wrote:
Hi Gordan,
Schedulers are only available for Unify translator. AFR doesnt support
NUFA.

Usually for HPC type workload, we do two separate mounts.
1) Unify (with NUFA scheduler) of all the nodes
2) Unify (with RR scheduler) of all AFRs. Each AFR mirrors two nodes.

--
Anand Babu Periasamy
GPG Key ID: 0x62E15A31

Gordan Bobic wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to use the NUFA scheduler and it works fine between the machines that are both clients and servers, but I'm not having much luck with getting client-only machines to mount the share.

I'm guessing that the problem is that I am trying to wrap a "type cluster/afr" brick with "option scheduler nufa" with a protocol/server, and export that. Is there any reason why this shouldn't work? Or do I have to set up a separate AFR brick without "option scheduler nufa" to export with a brick of "type protocol/server"?
volume home1
        type storage/posix
        option directory /gluster/home
end-volume

volume storage-home
        type protocol/server
        option transport-type tcp/server
        option listen-port 6996
        subvolumes home1
        option auth.ip.storage-home.allow 192.168.*
end-volume

volume home2
        type protocol/client
        option transport-type tcp/client
        option remote-host 192.168.3.1
        option remote-port 6996
        option remote-subvolume storage-home
end-volume

volume home-afr
        type cluster/afr
        option read-subvolume home1
        option scheduler nufa
        option nufa.local-volume-name home1
        option nufa.limits.min-free-disk 1%
        subvolumes home1 home2
end-volume

volume home
        type protocol/server
        option transport-type tcp/server
        option listen-port 6997
        option client-volume-filename /etc/glusterfs/glusterfs-client.vol
        subvolumes home-afr
        option auth.ip.home.allow 127.0.0.1,192.168.*
end-volume