gluster-devel

Re: [Gluster-devel] Client side afr versus server side, doing a self-hea

From: Amar S. Tumballi
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Client side afr versus server side, doing a self-heal
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 10:58:01 -0700

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 10:46 AM, Brandon Lamb <address@hidden> wrote:

> So in my case where i have one directory with existing data and
> another that is empty, should i set the trusted version to 1 on the
> pre existing data and 3 on the empty directory? Or am I totally
> missing what this does?

Nope, you are wrong here. In this case, you should set 3 on directory with
pre existing data, and 1 on empty directory. That should work fine.

The idea is, the version with higher value gets replicated to the other
subvolumes, hence if you are starting fresh, then you should give higher
value to the directory which you want to be replicated.

Regards,

--
Amar Tumballi
Gluster/GlusterFS Hacker