gluster-devel

Re: [Gluster-devel] glusterfs and email store problem.

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] glusterfs and email store problem.
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 12:48:38 -0600

I am obviously new to glusterfs, however, I thought I had enabled posix-locks?

volume posix-locks-knworksmail
type features/posix-locks
option mandatory on
subvolumes knworksmail
end-volume

or am I missing something?

-JPH

Daniel van Ham Colchete wrote:
Jeff,

reading the dovecot website, I saw this: Dovecot allows mailboxes and their indexes to be modified by multiple computers at the same time, while still performing well. This means that Dovecot works with NFS and clustered filesystems.

The only way of doing this is using locks (flock or fnctl). Try activating posix-locks.

I had a similar problem with maildrop recently. Because fnctl wasn't working it wouldn't change one file and report a filesystem error.

Although, this doesn't explain the error message in the log, this is one problem you also have to solve.

Best,
Daniel