gluster-devel

Re: [Gluster-devel] performance

From: Chris Johnson
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] performance
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 13:10:53 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 6 Nov 2007, Anand Avati wrote:

     Ok, It the very basic example, nothing fancy.

sever

volume brick
  type storage/posix
  option directory /home/sdm1
end-volume

volume server
  type protocol/server
  subvolumes brick
  option transport-type tcp/server     # For TCP/IP transport
#  option client-volume-filename /etc/glusterfs/glusterfs-client.vol
  option auth.ip.brick.allow *
end-volume

client

volume client
  type protocol/client
  option transport-type tcp/client
  option remote-host x.x.x.x
  option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume

The option remote-host IP has been change to protect the inocent.  But
the real address works.

      Fuse is fuse-2.7.0-1.  Can you give me an example of a volume
specification file please?

The client and server configuration files?

avati

--
It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account
Hofstadter's Law.

-- Hofstadter's Law

Chris Johnson               |Internet: address@hidden
Systems Administrator       |Web:      http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~johnson
NMR Center                  |Voice:    617.726.0949
Mass. General Hospital      |FAX:      617.726.7422
149 (2301) 13th Street      |I'm continually amazed by mankind's seemingly
Charlestown, MA., 02129 USA |infinite capacity for stupidity.    Me