glug-nith-discuss

[Glug-nith-discuss] Plugging in

From: Debarshi Ray
Subject: [Glug-nith-discuss] Plugging in
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 01:00:15 +0200

I think all of you are familiar with plugins. Most of you have
installed plugins for one application or another to obtain some
particular functionality, and a few might have even written the odd
plugin yourself. But have you ever wondered how they work? How you can
write programs for which others can write plugins? If you have not or
you are interested in finding out, then read on.

I am looking for some motivated soul to help me on a free software
project which will involve writing a plugin framework for an existing
application. Department, year, current level of knowledge is not
important, but having an incredibly high level of motivation and a
hint of madness is a must.

You will be trading more than a few hours of sleep with endless
moments of frustration if you decide to join in. However, I am sure
that you would not complain. (Did I not mention something about
madness?)

So, as they would say in that advertisement, do you have it in you?

Cheers,
Debarshi
--
One reason that life is complex is that it has a real part and an
imaginary part.