ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] Main Topic for 2012

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] Main Topic for 2012
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 13:38:05 +0000

On Fri, Jun 01, 2012 at 05:46:24PM +0200, Neal H. Walfield wrote:
     Hi,

     In the past, each GHM has had a main topic.  Last year the main topic
     was extensibility, in 2010, it was decentralized systems (if I recall
     correctly).  My recollection is that the main topic was really only of
     secondary importance.  Do we want a main topic this year?  If so, what
     should it be?

I'm glad you asked that.

This will be the first GHM I've attended, so I'm not too sure how they work.
Werner Koch asked me what I wanted to talk about and I suggested interoperation
between GNU programs since I perceive one problem with GNU is its lack of
cohesion.
I see that Werner has put this proposal on the web site, but I've not had any
feedback on the idea, and if I'm going to talk, then I suppose now would be a
good time to start preparing something.

However if there's going to be a Main Topic, then I might perhaps talk about
something else which fits that topic, whatever it may be.

What's the process for approving presentation proposals?  What are the time
limits?   Is there normally a Q&A session allowed?

Regards,

John

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3