ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] Main Topic for 2012

From: Neal H. Walfield
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] Main Topic for 2012
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 09:29:03 +0200

At Fri, 01 Jun 2012 12:42:13 -0400,
Rick C. Hodgin wrote:
> Well, it's not a joke, Neal.  And I'm not to be harsh or mean.  But GNU
> is incomplete without the HURD.  Linux works, but it's not GNU.  It's
> GNU plus Linux, or GNU/Linux.

The FSF doesn't employ anyone to work on the Hurd.  Thus, work on the
Hurd is completely driven by volunteers in their free time.  Although
there are some people who actively work on the Hurd, there are not
enough to realize your vision in the very near future.  This lack of
volunteers suggests that there are not a lot of people who share your
vision.  Indeed, even the FSF does not include the Hurd on their list
of high-priority projects.

Neal