[gfsd] Re: iozone license free or non-free

From: Iozone
Subject: [gfsd] Re: iozone license free or non-free
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 22:51:39 -0500

Richard,

       I sent email on to Norcott to see if we can arrange a
   conference call so we can get together and discuss
   the topic.  He is the original author of the license (16 years
   ago) and will need to be involved in any modifications.
   I'll contact you as soon as I hear back from William.

   In the meantime, you may find this section of the Iozone
   run rules amusing... ( as it seems to echo your comments :-)

   --------------
   Review of results:

Unlike other benchmarks, there is no review required for the results to be accepted.
   There are several reasons why this is not needed.

   1.       We are all gentlemen and ladies and always act professionally.
2. We all respect the golden rule and treat others as we would like to be treated. 3. If you lie or cheat, you will only discredit yourself and your company. 4. There is no way you won't get caught. The benchmark is publicly available for free. Your customers will download it and check the platform before they accept the
             machine or pay for it.
5. If your company publishes bogus results that can not be reproduced, this may be interpreted as false advertising. Who knows, it may even get your company a nice
             lawsuit from a competitor.
6. In general, if you feel guilty about your results, then don't make them available for others to see.

Enjoy,
Don Capps