[gfsd] Re: iozone license free or non-free

From: Anand Babu
Subject: [gfsd] Re: iozone license free or non-free
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 19:33:49 -0700

,----[ On Mon, Sep 11, 2006, Richard Stallman wrote:]
| Anand, would you please send me the full license of iozone?
| We need to check for certain that it is a non-free license.
`----
RMS,
Iozone is a popular file system benchmark tool. They have done a
good job except that the license is not acceptable to us. Most people
think that this is free software and even we have listed it in our
free software directory.

Author and License Information:
Original Author:
  William Norcott (address@hidden)
  4 Dunlap Drive
  Nashua, NH 03060

Enhancements: Don Capps (address@hidden)
  7417 Crenshaw
  Plano, TX 75025

Copyright 1991, 1992, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2002   William D. Norcott

License to freely use and distribute this software is hereby granted
by the author, subject to the condition that this copyright notice
remains intact.  The author retains the exclusive right to publish
derivative works based on this work, including, but not limited to
revised versions of this work.

Other contributors:
  Don Capps       (Hewlett Packard)  address@hidden

Anand Babu