[gforth] whatever happened with Forth

From: J. David Boyd
Subject: [gforth] whatever happened with Forth
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2019 08:42:04 -0400

Why has Forth disappeared so completely?   I guess I really mean, why did it
lose popularity.  I came along just as Forth Dimensions was disappearing, and
all the different Forth companies were all going out of business.

I love Forth, it seems like a perfect language. Not that easy to hook it up to
all the Microsoft stack perhaps, but still wonderful once you do.

Is it just that the world has moved on?

Dave in Hudson, FL