Re: [gforth] Setting for text size for the terminal emulator in Android

From: Bernd Paysan
Subject: Re: [gforth] Setting for text size for the terminal emulator in Android gforth?
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 14:16:03 +0100

Am Montag, 28. Dezember 2015, 09:03:50 schrieb Joel Rees:
> When switching back and forth between terminal-ide and gforth, I seem
> to lose my gforth session sometimes. I get bounced to the desktop (or
> whatever it's called in android, and then when I try to switch to
> gforth from the desktop, it gives me a fresh screen, as if from COLD
> in a fig-forrth system.

Yes, Android tells applications to release its memory when there's not enough
available.  That means Gforth in the background will be terminated.

> >> Now, ' hcols gives me a nice address of a constant, but it shows as
> >> 80. But my display column width is 48 (counted by the old low-tech
> >> scrape-the-numbers-keys-until-you-hit-the-edge-of-the-screen trick).
> >> So I'm pretty sure overwriting that constant won't do what I want.
> >
> > Maybe SCREEN-ORIENTATION is wrong.  Check it (it's a value), and also
> > check
> > SCREEN-ORIENTATION@ - that's reading the current screen orientation via
> > JNI.
> I'm not seeing screen-orientation.

It's in the ANDROID vocabulary.

> I notice there's some C or C++ -like syntax code in gl-terminal.fs. I
> don't see how the interpreter could be clued to send that to an
> external compiler. Is gforth interpreting that?

That's the OpenGL Shader Language, and it's passed to an external compiler.

--
Bernd Paysan
net2o ID: kQusJzA;address@hidden(dQ*