Re: [gforth] Setting for text size for the terminal emulator in Android

From: Bernd Paysan
Subject: Re: [gforth] Setting for text size for the terminal emulator in Android gforth?
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 18:40:45 +0100

Am Freitag, 25. Dezember 2015, 13:01:22 schrieb Joel Rees:
> I'm getting extremely easy-to-read characters in th terminal emulation
> since an update last week or the week before. Characters about twice
> to three times the normal. Would be great on a smaller smartphone, but
> on the 10 inch tablet, I'd rather have the long lines.
>
> Is there a setting somewhere for it?

There's a setting to increase the size, 1*scale (normal), 2*scale and 4*scale
(two and 4 times), the default is 1*scale.

There's another setting, the value hcols (default: 80) and vcols (default: 48)
set how wide your lines are, depending on orientation (h for horizontal, v for
vertical); 128 is the maximum setting.

E.g.

128 to hcols 1*scale

gives you pretty wide (128 characters) lines in horizontal mode (typical for a
tablet).

--
Bernd Paysan
net2o ID: kQusJzA;address@hidden(dQ*