Re: [gforth] Debugging serial I/O to USB RS232 port

From: Bernd Paysan
Subject: Re: [gforth] Debugging serial I/O to USB RS232 port
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2014 02:17:56 +0100

Am Freitag, 31. Oktober 2014, 18:13:58 schrieb Jerry DeLisle:
> On 10/31/2014 05:57 PM, Bernd Paysan wrote:
> ---snip---
>
> > No, if you want to have direct access to open, use a special C interface.
> > I think I should add open and fdopen (to get an fd) to the serial.fs
> > code, so that you can use open directly, and try different flags.  We
> > also found that on some serial ports, you don't even want to use fdopen,
> > because it sets some things which the serial port driver can't handle...
> > this means, you also need read/write to access the port.
>
> If you like, I will attempt to add some things to serial.fs and send to you
> for a look.  It should not take too much.

Yes, do so; check out the current git; I've already added open, fdopen, read,
and write.  You'll have to define the macros, and modify open-port (probably
factoring into an open-port-fd, which will give you a fd for read/write, and
open-port gives you the FILE*, to be backward compatible).

--
Bernd Paysan
http://bernd-paysan.de/