Re: [gforth] Debugging serial I/O to USB RS232 port

From: Jerry DeLisle
Subject: Re: [gforth] Debugging serial I/O to USB RS232 port
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 18:13:58 -0700

On 10/31/2014 05:57 PM, Bernd Paysan wrote:
---snip---

No, if you want to have direct access to open, use a special C interface.  I
think I should add open and fdopen (to get an fd) to the serial.fs code, so
that you can use open directly, and try different flags.  We also found that
on some serial ports, you don't even want to use fdopen, because it sets some
things which the serial port driver can't handle... this means, you also need
read/write to access the port.

If you like, I will attempt to add some things to serial.fs and send to you for a look. It should not take too much.

Let me know.

Jerry