[gforth] siteinit.fs and .gforth.fs

From: Marcos Cruz
Subject: [gforth] siteinit.fs and .gforth.fs
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 21:49:26 +0100

I use Gforth 0.7.2, compiled from sources.

I supposed </usr/local/share/gforth/site-init/siteinit.fs> is used for
general configuration, but I've written some code in it and nothing
happens (the file permissions are OK). It seems this file is not
included during the boot.

I've found this in the info:

   Not yet implemented: On startup the system first executes the system
   initialization file (unless the option `--no-init-file' is given;
   note that the system resulting from using this option may not be ANS
   Forth conformant). Then the user initialization file `.gforth.fs' is
   executed, unless the option `--no-rc' is given; this file is searched
   for in `.', then in `~', then in the normal path (see above).

Is <siteinit.fs> the mentioned system initialization file?  But
'.included' shows a <siteinit.fs> at the end of the list. I've searched
</usr/local/share/gforth> and there's no other <siteinit.fs>.

Will <./.gforth.fs> and <~/.gforth.fs> be implemented in version 0.8?
This feature will make it easier to distribute programs, because there
will be a standard user configuration file that will be always
interpreted no matter where the sources of the program are stored.

By the way, for years I use a <~/.gforth.fs> that is included when I
invoque Gforth using a GNU Screen's keybind.

Thank you.

--
Marcos Cruz
http://programandala.net