[gforth] gforthmi and FFL

From: Marcos Cruz
Subject: [gforth] gforthmi and FFL
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 14:22:45 +0200

Hello,

I've noticed gforthmi doesn't work when Forth Foundation Library is
loaded.  It starts Gforth and halts. First I thought the problem was
the code of my game, but after a long debugging I found out the reason
was the following line in the FFL's config.fs for Gforth:

----8<----------------------------------------------------------
0 argc !            \ tell gforth not to process any more arguments
----8<----------------------------------------------------------

After commenting it out, gforthmi worked fine.

I contacted the author of FFL, but he thinks the problem is Gforth's:

----8<----------------------------------------------------------
The line

0 argc !            \ tell gforth not to process any more arguments

prevents gforth interpreting command line arguments for the script and
not for gforth. The line works well with gforth and enables the
argument parser module in the ffl for gforth.

If the line isn't working for gfortmi, perhaps you should contact the
gforth team with this problem.

I use Gforth 0.7.0 on Debian 6.0.5.

Marcos

--