Re: [gforth] Peephole optimize compiler

From: Bernd Paysan
Subject: Re: [gforth] Peephole optimize compiler
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 16:09:59 +0100

Am Dienstag, 11. Januar 2011, 16:05:42 schrieb Matt Wilbur:
> Having started reading Anton's paper from Forth-Tagung
> '02, perhaps it has less to do with peephole optimization as it does
> with this "primitive centric" code.

Yes, that's the case.  In gforth-itc, traditional indirect threaded code still
should work, though compile, is the same for all engines, so it will produce
primitive centric code.

This is deliberate - we use gforth-ditc (double indirect threaded) to generate
the image, and the image should run with gforth and gforth-fast, as well
(where primitive centric is a must).

--
Bernd Paysan
"If you want it done right, you have to do it yourself!"