geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Only chicken?

From: Lawrence Bottorff
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Only chicken?
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2017 22:13:35 -0500

In my custom-set-variables I have

'(geiser-active-implementations (quote (racket guile)))
 '(geiser-default-implementation (quote racket))
 '(geiser-implementations-alist
   (quote
    (((regexp "\\.ss$")
      racket) ...
 '(geiser-racket-binary "/usr/bin/racket")

but then I also have

'(safe-local-variable-values (quote ((geiser-scheme-implementation quote chicken))))

I suspect this is what causes my problem -- it's the only reference to chicken in any of my init files. Any idea what this last s-_expression_ is about?

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 8:17 PM, Jose A. Ortega Ruiz <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 27 2017, Lawrence Bottorff wrote:

> Every time I restart Emacs and call up geiser, my customizations have
> been changed from racket and guile, to just chicken. I do a `grep -r
> ...` on my .emacs.d, but that doesn't help. My init.el has only the
> alist of file endings with any mention of chicken. I once had chicken,
> but no longer. What can I do to eliminate chicken and keep racket
> (geiser implementation) and guile?

You must have either geiser-active-implementations or
geiser-default-implementation set to, respectively, '(chicken) or
'chicken somewhere in your config.

The default values for those customizable variables can be re-set with
M-x customize-group RET geiser-implementation RET, or in you init.el
via:

   (setq geiser-default-implementation nil)
   (setq geiser-active-implementations '(racket guile))

but you must make sure you're not setting them elsewhere too.

HTH,
jao
--
Art is the elimination of the unnecessary.
 -Pablo Picasso, painter, and sculptor (1881-1973)