geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Only chicken?

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Only chicken?
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2017 02:17:08 +0100

On Mon, Feb 27 2017, Lawrence Bottorff wrote:

> Every time I restart Emacs and call up geiser, my customizations have
> been changed from racket and guile, to just chicken. I do a `grep -r
> ...` on my .emacs.d, but that doesn't help. My init.el has only the
> alist of file endings with any mention of chicken. I once had chicken,
> but no longer. What can I do to eliminate chicken and keep racket
> (geiser implementation) and guile?

You must have either geiser-active-implementations or
geiser-default-implementation set to, respectively, '(chicken) or
'chicken somewhere in your config.

The default values for those customizable variables can be re-set with
M-x customize-group RET geiser-implementation RET, or in you init.el
via:

   (setq geiser-default-implementation nil)
   (setq geiser-active-implementations '(racket guile))

but you must make sure you're not setting them elsewhere too.

HTH,
jao
--
Art is the elimination of the unnecessary.
 -Pablo Picasso, painter, and sculptor (1881-1973)