geiser-users

[Geiser-users] Missing geiser.info in git clone

From: Mark Harig
Subject: [Geiser-users] Missing geiser.info in git clone
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 21:34:56 -0500

After following the brief instructions for retrieving a git clone of the geiser repository at
http://www.nongnu.org/geiser/geiser_2.html#Installation:

  git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/geiser.git
"That’s it: you’re ready to go. You can even continue to read this fine manual inside Emacs by opening ‘doc/geiser.info’ using C-u C-h i.

What? You still here? I promise the above is all that’s needed to start using Geiser."

I attempted to read the .info file, but there is no geiser.info file in the directory 'geiser/doc'.

After following the instructions to build 'geiser', a copy of 'geiser.info' was created in the 'doc' subdirectory.

If the instructions are to be kept as simple as they are above, then it appears that 'geiser.info' (generated from the .texinfo files) needs to be added to the 'doc' subdirectory in the git
repository (each time the .texinfo files are updated).

---