gdb

Re: Breakpoint on first instruction in program

From: Adam Beneschan
Subject: Re: Breakpoint on first instruction in program
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 15:02:57 -0700

> thanks for the answer, and after that how do i see how the stack frame is
> created.?

"stepi" steps through each instruction.  "info reg" shows the
registers, so you can use this after each step to watch how they
change.  "info reg ebp esp" will just show you those two registers
specifically.  If ESP is, say, BFFFF830, I use this command to dump 8
words at that address:

x/8xw 0xbffff380

That's all I know.  If there's some clever way to define a macro
command to step an instruction and display the top of the stack all in
one command, someone else will have to help with that.

                                -- Adam