gdb

Watch point issue across multiple threads

From: Vinay Kumar
Subject: Watch point issue across multiple threads
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 12:03:20 +0530

Hi All,

I have set a watch-point to monitor the contents changing in global data address. The data in this global address is accessed & modified by 3 threads.

(gdb)watch *(int *) 0xb75dafd8

But now I get the following warning each time a thread is started or when a thread stops:

warning:  Could not remove hardware watchpoint 2

Please let me know the reason why watch-point get affected by thread exit. However I do not want the watch-point to be removed. What do I have to do such
that gdb does not try to remove the watch-point & watch-point can be used by multiple threads? Please guide me.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Vinay