gdb

How to write commands in a GDB script that get executed every time a par

From: shan23
Subject: How to write commands in a GDB script that get executed every time a particular brkpt is hit ?
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 01:09:41 -0800 (PST)

I need to debug a certain set of commands each time i invoke gdb - so I
decided to put them in my .gdbinit. Everything was fine , till i decided to
use commands (to execute a certain set of gdb commands each time a certain
brkpt is hit). My script looks is as follows:

define setup
   handle SIGTRAP noprint nostop
   br 'Class1::Fun1(void)'
   run
   br 'Class2::Run(void)'
   br Function2
   commands 3
     return 0
   end
end

Problem is , whenever I execute them one by one , it behaves perfectly , but
when i source the script and run setup , it behaves weirdly after the
commands (does not do what was previously doing. i.e everytime brkpt 3 is
hit, return 0 and continue).

GDB version:
GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (6.3.0.0-1.143.el4rh)

Can anyone help ?