gdb

Help me with my remote debugging session, please!

From: TriKri
Subject: Help me with my remote debugging session, please!
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 05:35:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hello!

I am building a gdb server to be able to debug my embedded system through
jtag. Now I have got it talking to gdb, and this is what the conversation
looks like:

server: got gdb connection from 127.0.0.1
-> `$qSupported#37'
<- `+'
<- `$#00'
-> `++'
-> `$Hc-1#09'
<- `+'
<- `$#00'
-> `+$qC#b4'
<- `+'
<- `$#00'
-> `+$?#3f'
<- `+'
<- `$#00'
-> `+'

Then gdb just stops sending commands. According to the gdb manual: "A stub
is required to support the `g', `G', `m', `M', `c', and `s' commands. All
other commands are optional." My gdb is only sending `q's and `H's! Then it
loses it temper and accuses my program to give an invalid remote reply, but
prints only a new line after the colon. Where are all the other commands it
is supposed to send? Btw, am I doing something wrong? Like sending the `+'
sign and the `$#00' separatelly? And why does gdb send two `+' signs in the
beginning of the session but only one `+' later on? Is any one of the `q'
and the `H' commands necessary?