gdb

gbd doesn't decode the function name

From: ksanand
Subject: gbd doesn't decode the function name
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 05:20:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am compiling the files with the -g option to debug a core file. However
when i use gdb to debug the same I am not getting the function names. It
just shows the address of the stack frames. No further information is
available. How do I fix this?

I checked whether any optimization is set. But no, the compilation is purely
with the -g option. The compiler used is CC

Are there scenarios where gdb wouldn't decode the c++ function names
properly?

System details:

SunOS blrce1 5.9 Generic_122300-13 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440

Any leads would be really helpful.

Thanks,
Anand.