gdb

gdbserver/insight single/multi threaded support

From: zylonite
Subject: gdbserver/insight single/multi threaded support
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 22:45:50 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I am trying to debug a multi threaded app but after being unsuccessful for
awhile I am starting to think that my gdbserver/insight for this particular
embedded device is single threaded. I am unable to view any other threads
other then the main thread and I cant switch between any of the threads. I
tried and put break points before the creation of the new thread but still
didnt get anything. But before I switch to printf() I need to be sure that
my cross-object gdbserver is single threaded. I am not even sure if gdb
comes in a single threaded form. I am using an ARM 11 platform with 2.6.21
version of Linux kernel. I have about 128 RAM so I dont see why the BSP
would not have multi-threaded GDB enabled. Is there a way to verify this?

Many thanks,
/b