gdb

[Gdb] Another try

From: jack Griffin
Subject: [Gdb] Another try
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 19:20:05 -0500

Michael C;

Sorry to be so dumb.  But this stuff is just complicated until you know the details.  Again I appreciate your help.

Here is where I am.

Created subdirectories:

/usr/local/bin/gnu/INSTALL/
/usr/local/bin/gnu/make-3.79.1/

copied the make-3.79.1.tar file to the subdirectory
untared it
cd to the make-3.79.1 subdirectory that tar created
issued the command ./config --prefix=/usr/local/bin/gnu/INSTALL
issued sh build.sh and the files compiled

Everything worked ok.

BUT now, the next step is to "make install", but I do not have a "make" in the subdirectory.  I do have an install-sh.  can tha tbe used?

HELP! please.

Also, I do have an "ar".  How do I use it.  Do I just type the instruction as you gave it?

ar rc libiberty.a \

Again, thanks for your patiences.  I have learned a tremendous amount about gnu installations.

Jack Griffin