gdb

Re: [Gdb] gdb installaion error

From: Michael Elizabeth Chastain
Subject: Re: [Gdb] gdb installaion error
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 08:31:13 -0600

Hello Jack,

> make:Fatal error:command failed for target 'all-libiberty'
>
> I cannot find all-libiberty on my system.  Where do I find it?  Is it a =
> library?

'libiberty' is a library that is shipped with gdb.

The top level directory for gdb-5.3 has these subdirectories:

  bfd config etc gdb include intl libiberty mmalloc opcodes readline sim
  texinfo utils

There are common gotchas.  First, when you configure gdb, make sure that
you configure the top level gdb directory:

  /.../.../.../gdb-5.3/configure ...

If you configure in the 'gdb' subdirectory of the gdb package, like
this, you will have problems:

  /.../.../.../gdb-5.3/gdb/configure ...

The second gotcha: it often helps to use Gnu Make rather than SunOS make.

Try those things.

If that doesn't work, do this: blow away your gdb tree, un-tar
a fresh copy, and then use the 'script' command to record your
configuration & make commands.  Then mail the 'typescript' file to
this mailing list and I'll take a look at it.

Michael C