gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] Optimizing speed and responsiveness

From: Michael
Subject: [gcmd-dev] Optimizing speed and responsiveness
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 04:29:48 +0100

After so many bugfixes and improvements, and also gtk evolution, it appears as
if runtime optimizing has gotten out of sight a bit, at least it is my
impression that sometimes gcmd is responding slowly. I say this because
fast-reacting was always one of the advantages of smart two-pane filemanagers
above the common bloated ones. Basically, i agree this is no priority; i just
want to catch the issues somewhere.

Here is #1:

It looks like a cd .. in one pane does update the other pane too. It's
twitching and jerking, you can see it with large directories. I just wonder if
it is really necessary, as it slows down responsiveness.