gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] modal dialogs

From: Koos Jan Niesink
Subject: [gcmd-dev] modal dialogs
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 21:20:00 +0100 (BST)

Hi there,

I was wondering whether the dialogs in gnome-commander should be made modal.
I think it has some advantages compared to the current situation.
1. it will be easier to dismiss dialogs using the keyboard, after an error
message has appeared (try to create a dir where it is not allowed through F7).
2. one can't do other file operations when a dialog is shown.
Furthermore other file-managers like krusader en total commander have modal
dialogs as well.

If you guys don't have any objections I am willing to implement it.

koos

your freeaccount today.