gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Debugging 1.3.4++

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Debugging 1.3.4++
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 13:03:20 +0100

> Sorry, commits 801 and 802 introduced bug causing recursive scanning of
> all subdirs in the current directory.

The same odd behaviour for rev804. About 3 seconds for toplevel. Attached
debug-log.
(Cut off the middle part again - basically this is moving into /boot and back)
It's not always that slow. One time i moved back from /home to / and it was
fast.
At a second try with the same directories, it was slow again.
Again, nautilus and krusader are fast as usual.

> Not confirmed - TAB key (and CTRL+U) works for as usual.

ok, somehow solved. TAB works fine again. I guess i confused the kernel x BIOS
(irq's?) with loading/unloading USB bus drivers and some warm-rebooting
('reset>', which does not re-initialize BIOS irq's the same way as a
coldstart). I think i've a flakey cheap mainboard, the financial bottleneck of
my new machine :( It is far away from perfect in USB handling. But after a
little tweaking it works for now, at least.