gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] License of GC

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] License of GC
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 00:56:20 +0100

> Version 1.1.6 was quite stable and made a good job for
> basic filemanagement, but the development stood still
> from 2004 until Feb 2006 when Piotr (hwo had been around
> committing code since 2004 i think - right Piotr?)

I've come to gcmd project in Apr 2002 :o)
2004 is the year I've got  access to cvs repo

> Piotr then did some general bugfixing and improvements, then
> started to build support for meta-data (this is quite
> bleeding edge for a file manager I think..).

I consider metadata tags stable now (at least there is no bug reports
for that part of gcmd ;o) Although there is *plenty* other tags to be
added, IMHO it's quite useful now... I do plan to add pdf tags in the
next revision :o)

The latest exciting addition is support for python scripting - available
in DEVEL branch of cvs repo. This is really a new dimension of gcmd,
which allows end users accessing gcmd with the power of python...

Piotr