gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Step into archive files

From: Marcus Bjurman
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Step into archive files
Date: 03 Feb 2004 20:11:19 -0100

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 07:29, Szilard Novaki wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm new to this list. I found gnome-commander for gnome2 very
> interesting. One of my problems is that gnome-commander does not step
> into archive files, it opens file-roller instead. However,
> gnome-commander is using gnome-vfs as far as I see from the sources, so
> I don't think it'd be hard to implement this feature.
As you have already discovered by now - it is :)

> I'd like to implement it, but I'd need some help about the structure of
> program.
Once chained uris works with the neccessary modules in gnome-vfs it's
quite easy to add support for it in gcmd. The cleanest solution would be
to create a new GnomeCmdCon subclass for dealing with compressed files.

> Another thing is that I've done a preliminary translation for the
> hungarian language, how should I modify auto* config files to include
> hungarian .po file? I know how automake, autoconf, configure works, but
> I did not find the config file for languages.
Checkout the configure.in file.. There exists a line in it that contains
all the country codes for all available translations. After you have
changed it you have to run ./autogen.sh to update the makefiles.

> The menus in the program are quite annoying for me. Why are the plugins
> menu separate from the settings menu?
Because plugins in gcmd can add menu-items there. That would not be so
suitable to have in the settings menu imo.

/Marcus