gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] please, enable Bug tracking system

From: Mantas Kriaučiūnas
Subject: [gcmd-dev] please, enable Bug tracking system
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 00:04:39 +0200

Hi,

gnome commander is a comfortable and user-friendly file manager (especially
I like new samba browsing possibility), but like most software it contains
bugs. For bugs, bug tracking system should be used, but when I go to:

https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=gcmd

I see this message:

This Project has turned off the Bug Tracker

Please, turn on the Bug Tracker (or use http://bugzilla.gnome.org), I
already know lots of bugs and enhancements for gnome-commander 1.1.x, for
example:

* rename with F6 still doesn't work (file is still moved to directory
in another column) :(

* I've noticed, that from version 0.9.7 I can't maximize terminal (in
Midnight Commander this function is accesible with CTRL+O) - thats why I
still use MC instead of gnome-commander. Maybe you can put this function
back ?

* gcmd doesn't refresh afted most (delete, copy, move, mkdir) operations :(

* for differ program meld (meld.sf.net) should used as default - this is
gnome2 program, which has more freatures and is more user-friendly than
gtkdiff (and gtkdiff is unmaintained about 3 years...)

--
Jabber ID: address@hidden               ICQ: mantiena <44451746>