gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] Bugs & Ideas

From: Oliver Lange
Subject: [gcmd-dev] Bugs & Ideas
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 07:53:23 +0100

Hello,

Just installed gcmd (1.1.2) and already like it :)

Some things i'd like to request/mention:
(talking about v1.1.2)

- after changing permissions, entries within the view
  aren't refreshed until manual reload.

- clicking on the SMB drive button immediately chashed:
  just installed brand new Linux from scratch (smb not
  installed yet) - i usually install my file manager
  before anything else.. :)

- just executed a bigger text file that was accidently
  permitted as executable, hoping that it contained
  no valid shell command.... so:

  could the prefs menu contain a radio button like:

      unknown files with x-bit set:

       O always execute
       O view as text
       O ask

  where .sh file types (or ELF binaries) might well be configured
  as file types to be executed at dblclick. However, accidentally
  starting any kinda ascii stuff is scaring me.. :)

- in the search dialog: a button labeled like 'use' to throw all
  search results into the view (as virtual directory) to handle
  them manually, piece by piece and without the search requester
  still opened.

However, very well done so far. Since DirOpus (Amiga), i just
depend on a Commander-style file manager, and Gnome Commander
is the far best i could find for Linux. Hope that GnomeVFS
will be ready tomorrow.. :)

Cheers,

Oliver 'Bloody' Lange.