gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] [Maxima-discuss] gcl vs sbcl vs ccl

From: Andrey G. Grozin
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] [Maxima-discuss] gcl vs sbcl vs ccl
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 11:56:24 +0600 (NOVT)

On Fri, 9 Oct 2015, Gunter Königsmann wrote:
As far as I remember Robert Dodier tried hard to make maxima compile and work
correctly with the current version of gcl
shortly before the last release of maxima - but they changed many things maxima
needs and it wasn't clear if this was
intended or just a bug on gcl's side.
What do you nean by the current version of gcl? The latest released version is 2.6.12, it compiles maxima fine, the testsuite shows no failures, and the testsuite running time is shortest among (gcl sbcl cmucl ccl ecl clisp), closely followed by sbcl. At least, on linux (I know nothing about windows).

Andrey