gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] gcl vs sbcl vs ccl

From: Raymond Toy
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] gcl vs sbcl vs ccl
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 08:15:50 -0700

    Gunter> If that Means we might have a chance to get a 64-bit
    Gunter> maxima for windows... ... Then I'm an for it.

What is the advantage of a 64-bit lisp for maxima?  It's not like
being able to manipulate expressions taking GBs of memory are really
useful.  (At least not to me; I'm not smart enough to make sense of
giant expressions.)  Numerics might be useful, but if you're doing big
numerics, maybe other packages would be more appropriate.

--
Ray