gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] 2.6.8 licensing

From: Donald Winiecki
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] 2.6.8 licensing
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 20:28:18 -0600

A change to the most recent licenses will make things consistent with
FSF's current way of thinking about open source, though more
aggressive developers seem to think it's restrictive.  Given the
typical users and usual applications of GCL, this may not be an issue.

But I'm not sure -- if GCL is licensed under GPL3, does that mean that
anything built with or under it will also have to be licensed under
GPL3?  (I guess that's why Camm is querying the Axiom list.)

And copyrighting GCL under the FSF seems like a reasonable idea, but
without Camm, GCL would be fairly well static, I think.

_don

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don Winiecki, Ed.D., Ph.D.
Professor
Boise State University, College of Engineering
Department of Instructional & Performance Technology
1910 University Drive, Boise, Idaho 83725-2070 USA
E-mail: address@hidden
WWW: http://ipt.boisestate.edu
Telephone: (+01) 208 426 1899
Fax: (+01) 208 426 1970