gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: ASDF 2.000 released!

From: Faré
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: ASDF 2.000 released!
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 19:12:42 -0400

Dear GCL hackers,

I'd like to get ASDF bundled with GCL 2.7 (at least in ANSI mode).
Could you do that?

GCL is the only implementation to fail the ASDF self tests, starting
with the pathname tests.
Also, upgrading ASDF doesn't look like it works, possibly due to
package issues. Oh well.

>      http://common-lisp.net/project/asdf/

> You can find a few with:
>        GCL=/path/to/gcl make test lisp=gclcvs
>
> http://common-lisp.net/project/asdf/asdf/FAQ.html

See notably in our FAQ:
> 12.3.2 "I'm a Common Lisp implementation vendor.
>     When and how should I upgrade ASDF?"

Also, you may want to provide a hook to cl:require for ASDF, like many
other implementations do.

--#f
A student who changes the course of history is probably taking an exam.