gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: ASDF 2.000 released!

From: Faré
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: ASDF 2.000 released!
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 11:50:21 -0400

On 4 August 2010 19:05, Camm Maguire <address@hidden> wrote:
> Greetings!  If you can provide help along the way, I would be happy to
> do this.  But it will have to wait for 2.6.8 to get finished.
>
> The big issue is, I really don't understand asdf, and I only have time
> to read something very short.

The short story is that ASDF allows GCL to run a wealth of existing
common lisp libraries.
At this point (using debian), I could only make it to work on GCL 2.7,
and 2.6.8 would have to be much improved to run it at all.

Also, one of the major features of ASDF2 is that hot code upgrade of
ASDF ought to be possible. Unhappily, GCL is the only implementation
where I failed to achieve this capability. Help would be very much
appreciated, whenever you have more time.

The uploaded man cut himself from the world. The optimizer saw the simulation
would have no more side-effects and optimized it all away.