gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] configuration/installation of gcl 2.6.5

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] configuration/installation of gcl 2.6.5
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 15:29:22 -0400

Hi,

> * Camm Maguire <address@hidden> [2004-10-19 15:07:23 -0400]:
>
> What is the goal here?  Is this a bug report, or do you just want to
> compile clocc.lisp?

my goal was to try GCL for a very large application I am
using/developing.  it relies on CLOCC/PORT and CLOCC/CLLIB, so compiling
them was the first step.

> If the former, then thank you.  If the latter, then you need 2.7.0
> from cvs head.  Just confirmed that clocc.lisp does compile in same.

OK, I will wait for 2.7.

Does it resolve the other issues (1-5)?

>> 1. --prefix=foo --exec-prefix=bar installs binary files in foo, not bar.
>>
>> 2. no matter what configure options I supplied, "make install" tried to
>>    access at least some /usr/... directories not writable for me.
>>
>> 3. installation finally failed because some problems with default.el (I
>>    did not investigate further).  I pointed --enable-emacs-dir=empty-dir
>>    to avoid /usr/... acess.
>>
>> 4. "gcl --help" produced REPL, not the list of command-line options.
>>
>> 5. (compile-file "clocc") ==> "The source file clocc.lsp is not found."
>>    but no error

<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
There are 10 kinds of people: those who count in binary and those who do not.