gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Problems Compiling GCL 2.5.3 on Solaris 9

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Problems Compiling GCL 2.5.3 on Solaris 9
Date: 05 Aug 2003 21:42:37 -0400

Greetings!

Your problem is just coming from your bfd library in its attempt to
relocate one of the binary .o files on loading.  If I remember, I ran
into this when I setup the solaris autobuilder for the utexas people.
I don't know what bfd comes with solaris generically, so if memory
serves I setup the solaris autobuilder to compile gcl's local bfd
copy.  so I would suggest trying

--enable-ansi --disable-statsysbfd --enable-locbfd

Please keep us posted.  Also, if you can chase down the bfd
compatibility issues, we could test for them at configure time.

If you compile GCL's copy of gmp3 too, I think you might also need to
do the following after the main configure:

cd gmp3
./configure --build=sparc-sun-solaris2.8
cd ..

Take care,